all about madauer designs
h e l l o & h a p p y t u e s d a y !
I have been wanting to dedicate a post to my beaded bracelets for a while, and now seems like the perfect time to finally sit down and get to it.
I started making my bracelets about three years ago (shout out to my snack bar squad!) During shifts, we would make beaded bracelets in the snack bar. Eventually, this turned into a hobby for me and I would make bracelets for my family and friends as birthday & thank you gifts.
Once I arrived on campus at SJU, I started to get questions about my bracelets – where they were from, how I made them, and especially, if I was selling them. After interest increased from friends, I decided to start selling them on campus.
I began doing custom orders, but I soon realized that it is much easier to create a set collection and have buyers choose from those designs. This summer, my bracelets have taken off. I now have a set collection of designs (that’s not to say that I won’t add more in the future) and some of my beaded creations are in a store in Fenwick, Indigo Octopus! This relatively new store opened this summer, stocked with adorable clothing, jewelry, and unique home décor.
I am always so flattered when someone contacts me and wants to purchase a bracelet. It honestly means so much to me that others are interested in my work! I hope that I am able to support myself with the things that I truly have a love and passion for in the future.
Since I receive a lot of questions from customers about what bracelet designs I have available, I figured this would be the perfect place to showcase my designs at the moment.
Also, shout out to Vistaprint for the awesome & reasonable business cards! I was able to design them on their site, view a PDF Proof, and receive them within 2 weeks of making them! YAY
Also…here are some FAQs that I usually receive:
- Q: Do you ship?
- A: No, at the moment I do not ship my bracelets. I am looking into it, but for now I am delivering them by hand to my customers!
- Q: Do you use venmo?
- A: No, similar to shipping, I am looking into it because I understand that it is more convenient. Personally, I hardly ever carry cash with me, so venmo would come in handy!
- Q: How much are your bracelets?
- A: Depending on the size of the bead and cost of product, it can fluctuate. Most bracelets are $15.
- Q: What size will my bracelet be?
- A: I make most of my bracelets to the size of my wrist (6.5 inches). However, before making a bracelet for someone, I usually ask them what size their own wrist is. If you would like your bracelet to fit snug to your wrist, you can measure it and send me your wrist size!